2019 MONACO GRAND PRIX
Experience the Monaco Grand prix from the Luxury of our Tri-deck super yacht - Five Luxury Cabins at the centre of all the action
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
The literal translation of Cote d'Azur is "Coast of Azure". People also refer to the Cote d'Azur as the French Riviera.
The Cote d'Azur is located in Europe in the South of France. It stretches along the Mediterranean Sea. The French Riviera has a total population of more than two million. Its largest city is Nice, which has a population of 347,060. Nice is home to Nice Cote d'Azur Airport. France's third-busiest airport, located at the western end of the Promenade des Anglais. Madelieu was once the region's commercial airport, but is now mainly used by private and business aircraft.
WHY GO TO THE COTE D'AZUR (CANNES, MONACO, SAINT TROPEZ, NICE)?
The French Riviera has 310 to 330 days of sunshine per year. Furthermore there are 115 km of coastline and beaches. Noteworthy is the wide range of luxury hotels and restaurants that the Cote d'Azur has to offer. With a wide array of parks, historical must sees, museums, casinos and water & amusement parks the French Riviera is a place of interest all year round.
The French Riviera is a major yachting and cruising area with several marinas along its coast. The Riviera hosts half of the world's super yacht fleet. An astonishing 90% of all super yachts visit the region's coast at least once in their lifetime.
GOLFING AND SKIING
But not only does the sea provide for good times, on land there is enough to enjoy as well. Consider for instance the choice out of 18 different golf courses for golfers. Besides great golf facilities, the Cote d'Azure also offers 14 ski resorts, situated on splendid skiing grounds.
Add the annual Cannes Film Festival, the music trade show Midem and Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, The Monaco Formula 1 and the Monaco Boat show and many more conferences and you'll understand why the Cote d'Azure has stolen the hearts of many.
TO ILLUMINATE A FEW IDEAS:
- Charter a yacht to enjoy the Cote d’Azur from the water
- Restaurants and (beach)clubs: Pan Deï Palais, Sénéquier & Le Club 55 in St Tropez, Le Baoli & La Petite Maison de Nicole in Cannes
- Historic sites: Iles de Lerins, Vieuz Eze, Villa Grecque Jerylos
- Landmarks & points of interest: Massif de L’Esterel, Promenade des Anglais, Place Massena, La Croisett
- Historic walking areas: Old Town (Vieille Ville), Saint-Paul de Vence, Le Sentier du Littoral, Cap d’Antibes, La Croisette. Or take an (electric) biking tour for example through Nice or to a vineyard
- Parcs: Castle Hill, Parc Forestier du Mont-Boron, Parc du Muge
- Gardens: Le Jarding exotique d’Eze, Jardin du monastere de Cimiez, Phoenix, Parc Floral de Nice, Les Jardins Biove
- Museums: Villa & Jardins Ephrussi de Rothschild, Musee National Marc Chagall, Musee d’Art Classique de Mougin
- Water and Amusementparcs: Le Village des Fous, Waterworld Lac du Dramont, Riviera Nature, Aquabaum
- Casinos & Gambling: Le croisette casino barriere de Cannes, Palm Beach Casino, Casino Barriere de Cassis, Casino de Beaulieu
- Sacred & religious sites: Cathedrale Sainte-Reparate, Monastere de Cimiez, Chapelle de la Garoupe, Eglise de Biot, Notre dame du mai, Eglise Notre Dame d’Esperance, Chapelle de Saint Pierre des Pecheurs, Chapelle Notre Dame de Pepiole
Check our empty flights to the Cote d'Azur or Explore more destinations.
FLY TO THE COTE D'AZUR
WHAT TO DO
WHAT TO DO
WHERE TO STAY
Hyatt Regency Palais de la Méditerranée - NICE